I found these carpet weevils whilst carrying out a healthy home audit. To take the video I collected them off the carpet and you see them here on kitchen roll. I treated the carpet straight away and returned two weeks later to steam clean. The result was a carpet saved and a very happy and relieved customer.
Our home and the places we work block out nature’s air cleansing abilities and trap pollution inside, which is where we will often spend up to 90% of our day. These pollutants and allergens can sometimes lead directly to illness.
Among the most frequent allergic causes of respiratory illnesses are plant pollen and spores, animal hair, house dust and mould spores. Misery is caused to a large proportion of us, but there seems to be little that can be done to prevent them: until now.
Our safe and natural products eliminate dust mites, mould spores, pollen and many other allergens that contribute to respiratory suffering. Did you know…. that up to 10 million mites can live in your mattress, and after a pillow is two years old, nearly ten percent of its weight is made up from mites and mite excrement.
Our treatments eliminate mites and their excrement, please see this website if you want to find out more information relating to mites and what you can do to help prevent them.
Carpet Pest Control
A very important issue here is the fact that to be able to use the solutions necessary to eradicate beetles, moth and fleas etc a technician MUST be trained and qualified under the CONTROL OF PESTICIDES REGULATIONS 1986 (C.O.P.R)
Roger Underhill of Kestrel Cleaning Services is fully approved and certified under these regulations.
We can offer control and eradication of all Textile Insect Pests.
Dust Mite Facts
- Due to the change in life-style in the UK over the past thirty years – with the introduction of double glazing and central heating systems – we have made our homes into breeding grounds for microscopic, skin eating creatures called dust mites.
- These ugly pre-historic looking eight-legged cousins of the spider and tick are not visible to the naked human eye, but just one gram (approximately half a teaspoon) of house dust can contain up to a thousand dust mites and several thousand dust mite droppings .
- Astonishingly 90% of all house dust is made up of our dander or skin. That’s because on average every three days we have shed a layer of skin. It’s the protein in these tiny particles of dead skin that we are constantly shedding which is mania (heavenly food) for dust mites.
- As mites only measure 0.3mm they settle anywhere in our warm humid (70% Rh or greater) climates including in our carpets, mattresses, pillows, upholstered furniture, clothing and in clothing draws, wardrobes, etc. In fact, an average house can contain over 2 Million dust mites with a new generation arriving every three weeks.
- Each mite lives for 3 to 4 months, each female lays 20 to 50 eggs every three weeks. Each mite produces around 20 droppings per day, (that’s nearly 200 times their own bodyweight).
- There are so many droppings in our homes that any soft furnishing in a bedroom of two years old, that has not been professional cleaned, will weigh 10% heavier than when new.
- It is the digestive enzymes contained within the dust mite excitement that triggers most respiratory allergies such as Asthma, and is the single biggest cause of eczema and all year round rhinitis, the sneezing and runny nose associated with allergies.
- Once airborne, mite faecal pellets remain aloft for an extended period of time (10 minutes or more) and are easily inhaled. With 28% of the population suffering from respiratory allergies, dust mites are one of the main reasons that indoor air is more allergenic than outdoor air.
- How we remove dust mites and repel them for months to come
- Kestrel use a non-toxic chemical, safe for children and pets, which not only kills the dust mites but prevents them from living in treated areas for up to 10 to 14 months. Kestrel’s biocide-free dust mite protection is even safe if it were accidentally picked up off the carpets and ingested.
- Unlike some chemicals which merely inhibit the mite excrement, Kestrel use a chemical which gets to the source of the problem by removing the mites themselves, even repelling them for as long as 14 months.